9mobile a Nigerian private limited liability company is a telecommunication company formerly known as Etisalat is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Manager, Public Policy & Government Affairs
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- Assist in maintaining effective relationships with relevant government departments and legislative bodies, track and analyze statutes that affect the telecommunication industry.
- Identify and manage public policies that may impact EMTS operations in Nigeria.
- Review and render opinions on such industry impacting legislations in order to ensure an enabling environment for EMTS’s activities.
- Work with key Ministries, Agencies and Departments (MDAs), the Nigerian National Assembly and telecommunications industry groups in managing policies that will impact the operating environment and EMTS
- Liaise with relevant parties and government parastatals on affairs which affect EMTS operations.
- Assist in identifying key government stakeholders and initiating regular meetings with them as required.
- Assist in identifying key public policies and conduct analytical reviews.
- Assist in ensuring that EMTS management has adequate access to the identified key stakeholders as required.
- Provide adequate support to the Head, Government & Legislative Affairs in establishing, developing and maintaining effective corporate relationship with identified government stakeholders.
- Assist in providing advisory support on key government matters especially as it relates to the telecoms industry.
- Assist in conducting regular political audits and providing periodic intelligence reports on emerging issues, developments/trends as required. Proffer recommendations to the Head, Government & Legislative Affairs.
- Assist with the continuous review of existing and new business laws and how they impact the EMTS operations.
- Establish and maintains relationships with the key stakeholders in the States, build database of contacts.
- Identify vital information from legislative issues, retrieving information, disseminating legislative positions and researching new legislations as it affects EMTS and the telecommunications industry.
- Research, analyse and effectively communicates pending industry legislations and its potential impact on EMTS and departmental operations. Analyze, interpret and report on research findings and recommendations. Prepare monthly reviews on status with recommendation report for Head Government & Legislative Affairs.
- Assist in planning and managing the human and material resources of the unit to optimise performance, morale and enhance productivity.
- Manage inter-functional relations to ensure synergy across the various departmental functions
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the Head, Government & Legislative Affairs
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head, Government & Legislative Affairs.
- Degree in Law or other relevant discipline.
- Postgraduate/ professional qualification in a related field will be an added advantage.
Experience,Skills & Competencies:
- Six (6) to eight (8) years work experience, with at least three (3) years in a supervisory role.